Wednesday, May 23, 2012

God Honors Faith


Disclaimer: I wrote this with a bit of His passion of my heart, perhaps too quickly. as a lot was in my head and my hands couldn't type so fast or all I wanted. As such I don't know how well structured this is, or how much sense it will make to whoever reads this (as a lot is based on things I didn't necessarily write down) So if something sounds wrong please comment so that I can better explain/fix any points I may have made in haste.  Perhaps I'll pull this in a few days and better edit it, but you know when God is talking to you you just want to share, so even in the weakness of this post I try to share a bit of it. :)  Aside from that, I hope you enjoy reading a bit of my heart and mind in written form as I share a little of my day. :)

 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and whose trust is the Lord. Jeremiah 17:7"

I had some real great time with Jesus today. His  Holy Spirit is teaching me so much and I've been so encouraged by my devotion time. Earlier I was watching the movie "faith like potatoes" again, and as I was watching the documentary afterward I was really encouraged by the life of that man of faith the movie was about. I could see Jesus in Him and His joy just shining through. Seeing Jesus Shining brightly in someone's life is so encouraging! Anyway He said something and at that moment it was like Christ was tugging at my heart to take note of it. He said, "God honours faith! Faith does not say if!" now of course I knew this, but  for some reason it just kept rolling around in my heart,  and then I knew why. I was convicted of a faithlessness that had been hiding below the surface in my life as of late. I believe in Jesus, that He is the Son of God, and that He came in the flesh, died and rose again and freely gives us eternal life, because of His saving grace through faith. I believe in His word and that it fully applies to His church. In short I believe in and love my Lord, but I also have been fighting some battles in my heart and mind as of late. Battles filled with ifs and what ifs. What if I lose my faith in distressed or  weak(sleepy) mind? (as some of these battles have come at me out of nowhere when I was mentally unguarded and gone on between sleep and wake when my reason is weak, because of that it has been a real struggle and worry) What if these battles go on for the rest of my life? What if in weakness and exhaustion  I succumb, failing to persevere and fall to the enemy and give into foolish deception. I even knew that these thoughts were such deception but still I feared. I often used the time to pray for others, but still in the background of my thoughts I feared I would mess something up and these battles/attacks went on. I didn't fear that God couldn't save me, but feared that I might stumble and fall.  Anyway, I wanted to confess how dumb I've been, those fears were so dumb and faithless! Jesus is my salvation. I don't have to fight these battles or worry about my weakness. Jesus is my strength, I don't need to have faith in my salvation, or the outcome of my faith, because then I'm relying on me and not on Him. Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and conviction in things not seen. My assurance and conviction is Jesus. My faith is Jesus! And although I knew this, it was like I had forgotten it in the daily grind of life and allowed a thorn in the flesh to consume my thoughts instead of Jesus. After all, we in Christ have no need for "what ifs" and yet these are common temptations in our churches today. What ifs like: I believe Jesus heals but what if I pray for someone and they aren't healed, and what if that hurts the message of the gospel or hurts someone's faith(or makes me look foolish for believing God would heal( even in front of other believers this temptation is prevelent)), or I believe the Gospel but what if I share Christ and cause offence leading them away, instead of closer to faith in Jesus, or I believe God's love but what if I try to show love and people (especially in our culture) just think I'm being creepy/ a weirdo etc. (LOL but still, even in churches people are so guarded that a true and loving heart can be rejected which is not funny), or I believe that God speaks to us through His word but what if I read God's word and am misinterpreting it, leading myself and others astray, or I believe but what if... There are so many, but none of them are taking into account who God is. They are so ridiculous, and they fix our eyes on ourselves instead of Christ(maybe not always, but too much). These lies full of faithlessness don't produce good fruit. So with that "what if" thinking we are done before we start. It's the same with all doubt, if we think "what if I give into temptation?" I know God can keep me but what if I give in... That doubt is inadvertently saying that God is not bigger than your temptation, or that He is not able to save you from your old nature. It is defeating your faith in who He is! He is GOD!  Now I don't always doubt or fight these temptations of course. Jesus is in me, and has been teaching me and helping me grow but....AHHHHH!!!! I let this world distract me too much sometimes, I get to cosy seeking worldly things and when my heart is not centered on Him is when these doubts/temptations seem plausible. So, today I repented of these "what ifs" and asked the Lord to continue to be my faith and save me from these silly battles I've been fighting for no reason(because He has already promised/given us victory) Jesus is our victory! Anyway, I went to God's word and asked Him to encourage me and speak to me, strengthening my faith, and for some truth to conquer those what ifs. It was AWESOME!!! He is so encouraging an gracious! So here is a bit of what He showed me that really spoke to some of the battles He freed me from. :)

 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? the Everlasting God, the Lord , the Creator of the ends of the earth does not become weary or tired, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired and vigorous men stumble badly, yet those who wait on the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:28-31" So awesome! He is more than able and willing to pick us up and fill us with abundant life both physical and spiritual.

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed, and proclaim the favourable year of the Lord Luke:4:18-19" That was fulfilled the very day Jesus read it. And He has given us His Spirit to continue on that very work today! Isn't that amazing! So let Jesus live in you! Trust Him for all you need to live Godly in Christ Jesus. He is our new life! Believe it! The old is gone and conquered, He is in you making you new! He didn't put new wine in old wineskins, like the parable says the old wineskins would burst, but He made us new and filled us with His new and better life. Even though some continue to drink the old and think its better/good enough Jesus is the new(referencing Luke 5:36-39)

 "For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree that produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart. "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord' and d not do what I say? Luke 6:43-46" (also read John 15:4-11) Isn't that encouraging!! That Christ in us is making us good and producing good fruit through us. In Him we won't produce bad fruit and we don't have to worry  because He is our supply. He is the treasure in our heart and from Him we WILL bring forth good fruit. Praise Jesus! Careful here, because of our old sinful nature we might say but "what if" my old sinful nature takes over? what if I stumble? What if I fall? To that Jesus said Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world! We're being perfected, and made holy, the old nature may cause our flesh to stumble, but a mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. We are not alone, nor are we making ourselves holy. God promised to do that, it's part of His new covenant with us in Jesus, so trust Him for it! Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

 " But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:26-27" Why do I forget? I even hear believers reprimanding each other saying things like "if Jesus were here would you act that?" Jesus is living in us! He is most definitely here, if He wasn't the church would have failed and fallen 2000 years ago. We have a risen Saviour He's in the world today! He is in His church and in our hearts, and because of this fact not only do we live differently, but we will live eternally! Don't let the enemy deceive you that we struggle alone(we all struggle and can go to each other and to Jesus for Help, and don't let the enemy deceive that this world holds anything(good or evil) that can compare to the love of Christ.

Anyway this is a bit of what the Lord taught me today, perhaps I'll share more later. :) God bless!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Who J.

This is amazing! And SO true! It seems like the Lord has really been stirring some important, life changing themes in your heart!

I had to giggle about the trying to show love to people thing and being perceived as a creepy, weirdo. It kinda goes along with what David said about being "undignified" in showing his love for the Lord.

Keep pressing in!

gospeloflove said...

Thank you so much B. :)
God has definitely been stirring my heart lately and increasing my hunger and thirst for righteousness! He's been showing me so much in His word lately it's been awesome! :)
LOL yeah trying to share God's love in our culture is...well interesting sometimes. Perhaps it's because there are a few creepy weirdoes out there...or so I'm told...but they seem normal enough to me, LOL Just kidding. :P

Great point about David. A love that comes from a passion for God can be undignified, but also powerful and life changing as we allow His love to flow through, worth the blow to our pride I think. :)
I will keep pressing in and He will keep inviting us. God is so good! :) Thanks so much for the Encouragement B. :)

Bethany said...

As long as you don't drive a white van--the kind without window in the back--you're okay. Men in white vans ARE just creepy in my opinion.
Moral of the story: If you want to love the lost. Sell the van.