Friday, November 27, 2009

Trust in Jesus!!

(Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understandings, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make thy paths straight.)

Life can be so confusing, filled with so many questions, wanders and hopes. Sometimes I get so frustrated because I’ve misinterpreted something or think that one of my greatest hopes is just too impossible or unlikely, but then I try to take my eyes off the situation and trust God instead. When I think I’ve failed or overstepped my bounds it’s good to know that we have a Father who can and does straighten our paths. Why do I lean so much on my own understanding of people, situations, hopes, or dreams? God is able to do the impossible and if He has placed something on our hearts or in our path then He is more than able to bring about His will. Truth be told, the Lord has probably already made a straight way before us and it’s just our own doubts stopping our feet from walking life’s paths and stopping those hopes from becoming reality. I’m so thankful that Jesus loves me and has a plan from my life. And that He waits patiently and doesn’t take away a path just because we hesitate, but instead He grabs our hand (shaking though it may be) and leads us in His Will. I’m so thankful that He can and will bring in people to share it with me. I’m so thankful that despite the times I feel alone He does really have a future for me, and people ready to love and defend me, and people that I can love and defend. I guess why I’m writing this is that.... Hope is a wonderful thing, but it’s even more wonderful when we have faith and know that He is the fulfiller of our hopes, both heavenly and earthly. So have faith, and takes steps toward the hopes He has given you, even the seemingly impossible ones!!
(Romans 4:18-22 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous.) (Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the steadfast belief of things not seen.)
We who believe in Jesus are one in Him and He loves to give us good things and to share with us His love. Praise God!!

No comments: